Monday, January 30, 2012

A Month of Letters?



Like many of my penpals, I spend entirely too much time reading about mail and fountain pens and letter writing and calligraphy on THE INTERNET! However, occasionally, you find a nugget among the tailings (not that I am comparing any of the blogs I follow as mine tailings!) as you dig around the morass that is the web.

This morning I happened upon a thread at the Fountain Pen Network that linked to a challenge to send 1 letter each day that the mail runs in your town. Here is that thread. This is the link to the challenge.

I decided to take up this challenge. I 'think' I send an average of 1 letter per day, but I'm not sure about that. If I were organized, like Missive Maven, I would know for certain, but I'm not. I do have a little notebook that I am using to keep track so far this year and find that I have sent 15 letters out in January.

If you are one of my pen friends, I will be writing you soon. If you want to receive a letter from me, send me an email at my email address and include your mailing address. I will send you a letter. I know that I have 7 letters to respond to in my inbox - if you have written to me in the past week and don't have a response, it will be in the mail soon.

What about you? Are you willing to commit to a 29 day challenge to actually write 24 letters - 4 Sundays and 1 holiday in February -?

4 comments:

  1. Great idea, would love to write with you...email sent!
    http://mailboxhappiness.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am one of those people who keep journals full of what mail I sent and received each day. Yes, I even figure out the averages and all of that nonsense. I send out between 50 and 70 pieces of mail each month so this challenge wouldn't actually challenge me, but man, it sounds like fun anyway. I will be watching for a letter from you in my mailbox, sir.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will likely write in bunches and mail them out when I can, not just everyday. For instance, today, I have 3 letters to go out. I hate to make anyone wait longer than necessary. Tami and Angie, I'll be writing to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wonderful letter arrived, I am drooling over your handwriting it's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete