Monday, January 2, 2012

Rhodia Unlimited pocket notebook

One of the challenges of using a daytimer for personal organization is that the desk size is not always convenient to have with me at all times. But since I am an old guy that always wears shirts with pockets or pants with pockets, I thought it would be important for me to have something that I would be able to carry with me all the time.

I am going to review a couple of pocket notebooks I purchased from Goulet Pens. As always, Goulet's service is impeccable, even e-mailing me to confirm the details of my order. In a few short days, my package of notebooks and paper arrived in the secure Goulet packaging. After 35 minutes of slicing, dicing and pulling, I was able to free my merchandise from the bubbled and shrink-wrapped cocoon.

I purchased the Rhodia Unlimited notebook for $7 and two sets of the Clairefontaine Life Unplugged duo packs for $7 each. Today's review will focus on the Rhodia Unlimited.
Here it is with a Lamy Safari to give you a bit of perspective on the size.

First impression - who doesn't love the bright orange Rhodia cover? But this has a secret inside!
Opening the book reveals the unique "soft-touch" cover is black on the inside. I don't know if I can adequately describe what the soft touch cover feels like. Its smooth, yet has an almost tacky feel that has been dusted with powder - soft and smooth.

Rhodia paper is simply among some of the best for writing using fountain pens.

One final touch with this little book is that the pages are perforated for easy removal of the sheets.
This wouldn't be a good thing if I was planning on using this book as an archive, but since it is only going to be used for on the go notes, I think this is a good thing. It appears that the perforations will help the notebook open up a little flatter, which is always a good thing.

I'll conclude with a couple of photos of the Rhodia Unlimited notebook along with the CF Life Unplugged (what's a blog without lots of gratuitous pictures?)












No comments:

Post a Comment